Wednesday 4 October 2017

For the Joy of Autumn Flowers : by Jennie


Hello and welcome to my first project this month. I can't believe it is October already and we have been so lucky to have a bit of an Autumn this year with many of the shrub roses still in flower. So my little project today is my "joy" at being able to see these roses so late in the year.


As many of you know I absolutely LoVE the Calico Craft Parts Beer Mats - at 25p each they really are an absolute bargain, will take anything you want to throw at them and are a lovely size to display around the house. This one started with a layer of Gesso and then some texture paste through a stencil. I added colour very lightly using water based infusion powders.


Another favourite CCP piece are these lovely trellis corners and the small size fit the mats perfectly.


The trellis makes a beautiful base for a flower cluster. I made this rose using the colours of one very beautiful rose still flowering in a sheltered spot in the big garden adjacent to the house. It has been a garden in the past and I have tried to bring it back into use, although it is tough work!  The rose doesn't look like this though - I just tried to replicate the colours.


Until a couple of weeks ago we also had butterflies on a calm day, so thought this little chap would also be appropriate.


Finally I added more texture with the gold micro balls and some of the small Gothic letters for my title.


As I love creating with ATCs I suppose the Beer Mats are just an extension of that love! I find the small limiting space really makes you think about what you want to achieve and so there is a little planning and/or picture in the mind required.


I love the depth that even the smallest of the MDF parts can give to a piece.


Sadly I couldn't share a photograph of the wonderful rose in the garden as we have now had four days of horrendous gales, so sadly it is no more. I will just have to wait until next year now.

Thank you for joining me today and happy crafting!

Jennie x


Calico Craft Parts Used:


SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

5 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful and softly delicate style, Jennie,


    even more as I know this is a style I cannot do at all...lol. I always admire how you build up all those layers and fuse them so gently but thightly.

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty - you have such a delicate hand with the Infusions and your rose is stunning.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely delightful, Jennie. Your gift with composition and your use of these beer-mats is second to none! I really treasure the flowers that bloom at this time of year, even more so because their moment of glory is so fleeting. xx

    ReplyDelete