Monday 6 March 2017

Steampunk Pendant - by Claudia

Servus and hi! Thank you so much for stopping by!

I am sure most of you have already seen the new steampunk MDF designs over at the Calico Craft Parts shop! The whole range of MDF Wood Cogs is absolutely fab and I couldn't resist creating this little steampunk pendant to show off with some of them! ;)








Calico Craft Parts used: 



Alongside these I used some DecoArt Metallic Lustres, some copper wire and foil, leather cord and turquoise and amber beads from my stash. 




I used some 0,8mm copper wire but as the holes in the gears still were too wide (which would have them tip too much to the side on the wire) I had to find a solution for that. 

But first I started with painting my gears with DecoArt Metallic Lustres Copper Kettle, Orange Flicker and Brilliant Turquoise.



To get smaller holes for my gears I punched out tiny discs from copper foil and poked holes into them that would fit with the gauge of the wire.


The discs were then glued to both sides of the painted gears using matte Decou-Page. 

Time to assemble my pendant! I bent a bottom loop from a cut off piece of copper wire (don't forget to file the sharp wire ends so they don't scratch or tear your clothing) and threaded the beads on. The amber pendant at the bottom was given a hanging loop too and then attached to the upper piece. 






Another loop at the top to finish it off and attach it to some leather cord that I simply tied with a knot. 



Voilá!



I just love how the DecoArt Metallic Lustres help turn those stunning MDF cogs into real metal looking bits and pieces and I hope you like the result as much as I do!




Hugs and happy crafting!
Claudia
xxx





12 comments:

  1. That's amazing, Claudia! What an inspired use of the Calico cogs.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How AWESOME and UNIQUE Claudia. Wow! The DecoArt Metallic Lustre looks WONDERFUl. I just love using those paints. Your creativity is just always so inspiring. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much for the lovely comments, Alison and Joi!
    Big hugs! Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! As Alison says - inspired use of those cogs! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fabulous idea! What a beautiful, steampunk pendant!Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Such an original pendant. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) Thank you all so much, Jennie, Julie Ann and Lys! So glad you like my little pendant (it looks quite big on that small bust though...lol). Mwah! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic Jewellery piece Claudia x love the colours and addition of the turquoise and my favourite, Amber. Thank you for sharing this inspired make and step by step details

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning necklace Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much, Annie and Katie! So glad you like my little pendant! Hugs! XXX

    ReplyDelete