Saturday 16 July 2016

Bird on flowering vine canvas - Guest designer - Nikki Acton


Hi everyone - I am back to today to share my second creation as guest designer this month. Many thanks for the lovely comments I received for my beach hut canvas.

Today is similar but different! Yes another reverse canvas but a different theme and colour scheme. This is also a much larger canvas - around 12 x 9 inches. I started by applying texture paste around the frame and inside through a couple of stencils.

I then added various purple paints - first by spritzing with water and allowing to drip, then using a baby wipe to move where I wanted a little more and then finally with my fingers if I had missed bits! Once dry I added some stamping to the background using archival ink and a brick stamp.

I painted the ATC and border, the corner flourishes and bird on vine with the same paints - I make sure I get some variation in colours - rather than one flat colour. I added some gilding wax in places to highlight.

My finishing touches included a little gilding wax over some of the texture in the background and on the frame, some fibres under the ATC , a bird cage die cut and some little flowers to add focus to the ATC.


I have the opportunity to sell some of my craft sometimes in a local shop and I managed to get this one in last week just before our shop closed again for a while - it sold within a couple of days which doesn't happen too often! I hope you like it too.

Craft parts used today:
Plain ATC with frame

It has been a pleasure being a guest here this month - thank you.
Nikki

5 comments:

  1. Lovely colours, the gilding adds that extar touch and creates a warm glow xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous creation from Nikki - love that touch of old gold shimmer and wonderful texture.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, such a gorgeous rich colour Nikki
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exquisitely beautiful canvas, Nikki. I love the textures and the colour palette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely altered canvas, Nikki!
    Beautiful colours and texture! Thanks for being with us!
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete